Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Thrill of the Hunt

I finally figured out what Mimi is doing when she brings junk in from the garage. She's hunting, and since there are no real creatures out there (at least I HOPE there are no real creatures out there) she brings me her kills in the form of: pieces of scrap wood, a large piece of cellophane off of a filter package, and assorted pieces of paper. (We have a really really junky messy garage) She brings them in with that 'look what I brought you for dinner' meow and drops them by the food dishes in the kitchen.
I praise her for being such a good little huntress.
She's such a little sweetie.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

how sweet is that? do you visit the other cat blogs? there are so many lovely ones!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxox

Patrizia said...

She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, my panther cat has killed plenty of birds, mice etc for us. The other day he killed a crow and the next day he returned outside and found a dozen crows around our back yard in the trees calling for backup. It was funny!

Our other cat is not the best hunter she used to steal small figs from our yard and bring them to us. Hehe.