Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking Out My Back Door

Creedence Clearwater Revival circa 1970 something:

Just got home from illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch.
Imagination sets in, pretty soon Im singin,

Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door.

Theres a giant doing cartwheels, a statue wearin high heels.
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
A dinosaur victrola listning to buck owens.

Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door.

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Wont you take a ride on the flyin spoon?
Doo, doo doo.
Wondrous apparition provided by magician.

Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door.

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Wont you take a ride on the flyin spoon?
Doo, doo doo.
Bother me tomorrow, today, Ill buy no sorrows.

Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door.

Forward troubles illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
Bother me tomorrow, today, Ill buy no sorrows.

Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door.

This song is now going through my head on an endless loop after seeing the kitties doing this today.

4 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I think that song was going thru my head a lot when I was 7 or 8 and "someone" (I won't say who) would play that album over and over and over again...

Jennifer said...

I always wondered what they meant by tambourines and elephants. Now i am going to have to put that song on my playlist if I can find it!!

Meghan said...

I LOVE CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL! Wooooo.

What funny kitties

Evann Carter said...

If they started to chatter, they saw birds...or a squirrel. Either one Sara would start meowing and jumping up and down. :)